TRVs not switching on boiler

Options
I have x7 TRVs an x2 wall thermostats installed and working but I've recently noticed an oddity with x2 of the TRVs (spare room and lower hallway). If I switch on the heating via the app, trv itself or wall thermostat my boiler fires up and begins to heat room except the two rooms mentioned. If I turn on either the lower hallway or spare room, my boiler remains off , according to app the heating is ON but is clearly not the case. To get either of those rooms to heat up I have to turn ON one of the other rooms that is able to fire up boiler, i.e bedroom, bathroom, living room, office. My question is why am I not able to turn the heating ON in the lower hallway or spare room independently but am able to do so with every other room, is there a setting that I've missed for those two TRVs?

Best Answer

• NeonDusk
    NeonDusk
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you log in to https://my.tado.com/ (using a browser not the app) then go to Settings -> Rooms & Devices and pick the rooms the TRVs are in you should be able to check the Zone controller setting

Answers

• aksar
    Options
    Thank you NeonDusk, seems those two TRVs were not assigned to the boiler controller. Sorted now, thanks again for your help.
  • PaulH
    PaulH
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi

I have this exact same issue (4 TRVs and a wired thermostat) hooked up to a combi boiler

My TRVs only fire up if I set them to higher than the current room temperature, AND set the thermostat to higher than the current temperature. (which basically means the TRVS are NOT firing the boiler up, they are just open)

I checked for this setting in browser, but cant find 'Zone Controller'

All my TRVs are in their own rooms, and the thermostat is in another room - all separate

Where is that setting?

Edit: OK, so upon further reading, this option will appear when I have TWO thermostats, not one - sorry :)

• aksar
    Options
    Hi PaulH

Just follow the instructions NeonDusk provided
    Login to https://my.tado.com/
    Go to settings -> rooms & devices -> select room trv is assigned to -> scroll down to heating zone and select "extension kit"

This should allow each trv to fire up the boiler when heat is required.
  • aksar
    Options
    Sorry ignore last message just realised you have a wired thermostat, I suspect you will need extension kit wired to boiler for Trvs to request heat directly.
  • PaulH
    Options

So I fixed it.

For anyone interested... there is a menu you can access in the wired thermostats. Press and hold the button on the thermostat for 3 seconds. it goes into linked mode 'chain link' is displayed. release it, press for another three seconds, you get a screwdriver/spanner icon. release. Do it again.. 3 second hold, you get to another menu. I found the relay type set to R01. I dont know what that means, but setting this to ST (again, I stiil dont know what that means), and then saving it.... makes the TRVs call for heat independently of each other and the thermostat

Its something to do with my particular setup and how the boiler is wired and its relay function.

I dont know what any of the other settings are for, so left them alone

• Paul - is this still working for you?