Boiler extension sited near to boiler

Options
Why does the boiler extension have to be sited at least 45cm away from the boiler? It is just electrics, shouldn't be affected by heat or proximity, should it? I ask because I am reluctant to drill a hole on my nice new boiler cupboard - and to get a real mouthful from the wife!

Best Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mounting the extension kit too close to the boiler will reduce its wireless range and may cause a loss of communication between Tado devices in your home. The boiler is a problem because it is made of metal and contains water; both materials are good at absorbing electromagnetic radio waves.

You might get away with mounting the extension kit closer, but you could get random disconnection of devices.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @IanR,
    As @GrilledCheese2 said.....it could (possibly) cause problems with the signal.
    However I mounted my Extension kit about 12 inches from the right hand side of my boiler....it couldn't be positioned any further away due to a door being in the way.
    I have had absolutely no issues with the connectivity of my Extension kit or my other Tado devices.