Wireless temperature sensor has no remote access

Options

Hi everybody,

As per title, I have a wireless temperature sensor - which is brand new - stuck on "no remote access" since installation. All other items (5 smart radiator thermostats plus bridge) are working without issue. The bridge is in the middle of the flat, and internet (via Virgin Media on Nest Wifi) is working perfectly all any device connected. I'd be happy to remove the device and start over, but this is not an option in the settings menu.

I have gone through all troubleshooting steps, and written for support last week, but have had no reply from Tado. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be a solution?

Answers

• I'm having the same issue with two new wireless temperature sensors I bought direct from Tado. I tried to install them at the weekend and they paired but then the app got stuck and they just show as no remote access. I've tried everything I can find on the knowledge base but nothing works.

I've logged two support requests with Tado but not even had an automated response saying they have got them. Is Tado support usually this poor?

• malgra
    Options

Hello everyone,

I have this problem too. Have just ordered and received the Wireless Temperature Sensor online from Tado. Immediately after pairing the process got stuck and now I have no options anymore. The rest of our Tado system with multiple radiator thermostats works fine.

Would like to know the solution otherwise I have to send it back.

• Do you have the wireless receiver or the extension kit? I believe wireless thermostats need this to work. Unlike trvs, they can't control anything on their own.

And Tado support - I used their love chat to log a request on Saturday. It is now Thursday and counting...
  • Lucchetto
    Options
    I have the wireless starter kit v3+ (smart radiator valve and Internet bridge), stated as being the minimum requirement on the temperature sensor product page.

Still nothing from support - had to create a new "virtual" room to put the sensor in, as it wasn't allowing me to control the smart valves in the room anymore (and for some reason it just shot up to an independently measured 28°).
  • woodyard
    Options

I also have this issue, and I am out of luck with usable replies from tado support.

I read an article that stated there was a server-side issue in December 2020 and it was fixed. But here a year after that I am facing the issue.

I bought a Wireless Temperature Sensor and put it in a room with two thermostats and set the sensor as the measuring device. I can control everything from my network and outside the network and from tado.com, so there are no connectivity issues! But when I want to view the graph of the room, it just says "No remote access".

I have of course tried to restart the thermostats, the sensor and the bridge.

Any suggestions?

I am very close to just return the devices again...

• pcone
    pcone ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd suggest firstly temporarily moving the Wireless Temperature Sensor closer to the Internet Bridge to see if it will connect.

Secondly, I’ve found that the orientation of the Wireless Temperature Sensors impacts on the connection reliability (I guess the aerial is directional). Having the sensor upright seems to be much better than flat on a table

• This worked for me. Hold the round button on front of the device till you get the pairing symbol which will show as paired already. Let go and then hold again till you get to the settings. Once this appears scroll up one and you’ll see another pairing type symbol. Click this and it will reset the pairing and all done. Not sure why this worked but it did for me.