Is there a way to change from "Home" to "Away" in Apple HomeKit?

Options

I know I can set a button to do that myself in Apple HomeKit; I also know that I can use Tado app to do that.

However, with other devices being controlled in HomeKit, it would be much easier if Tado can link "Home" and "Away" as Scene in HomeKit (and/or Alexa app).

The other reason is, if I manually switch off Tado Thermostat in HomeKit, this will be reversed depend back to "Smart Schedule" if I have not flip it to Away in Tado App. That means I need to go through 2 apps to do what I want.

Cheers

Answers

• Toasty
    Options

I don’t find tadoº integration with HomeKit very useful. Whilst I get what you are trying to achieve, you might be better off leaving the heating control to tadoº. That’s what I do at least.

The geofencing provided by the Auto-Assist subscription is well worth the money IMO. It’s a bit smarter than the on/off you might configure on arrival/departure with HomeKit. It seems to start heating intelligently before you arrive and not just when you do. You only have to set it up once and then forget about it, so there isn’t much extra fuss (although I do get that it would be neater if you could do everything from within HomeKit).

• ajsr
    Options

I agree. It would be logical for Home/Away to be able to be set by HomeKit. HomeKit manages my home/away status already and has a number of automations linked to this. I don't want tado to be independently managing its own home/away status. Tado's HomeKit capabilities seem very simplistic at the moment.