ALEXA AND TADO

Options

Alexa and Tado

Hello

Is there anyway to change the temperature from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I have alexa on Iphone. I use an Echo . Tado shows Celsius. Echo is set to Celsius as well.

Thanks

Answers

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @BAKPOND,
    If your Alexa is set to Celsius
    And your TADO is set to Celsius.....exactly what are you wanting to change from Fahrenheit to Celsius....??🤔
    I don't understand.
  • BAKPOND
    Options

Hello @GrayDav4276 , I have set the measurements in Alexa to Celsius and Tado also displays Celsius on the thermostat.

But when i check in the thermostat in Alexa , it shows fahrenheit. I cannot use the speech option to let alexa to control tado. If I tell alexa to increase the temperature by 1 C, its not able to do that.I have to tell alexa to increase the temperature by 4 F .

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @BAKPOND,
    I now understand what you mean. I will have a look at my Alexa settings and see if you can change it from Fahrenheit to Celsius.....I'm sure it can be done. I'll get back to you later/tomorrow.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi again @BAKPOND,
    I have checked it out and 👍 you can change the setting....by following these instructions :
    1. Open Alexa on your device (phone etc)
    2. Select the 'MORE' tab (far right)
    3. Select "Settings' (Gear symbol)
    4. Select" Alexa on this... (phone/tablet etc)
    5. Select "Measurement Units)
    6. Change to Celsius

JOB DONE.....Good Luck 🤞

**ADDED INFO**
    Just to let you know.....I don't specify 'Celsius' when I instruct Alexa...I simply say.. Alexa, set (specified room) to 22
    or.....
    Alexa, increase (specified room) by 2

So this is another method for you to try.
    Good Luck