Burning Money!! - App set to Off - Rads On Downstairs / Rads Off Upstairs

Hi All

I replaced our traditional wired thermostat a few years back with the Tado unit. The majority of the time system works fine but every year it has gone a bit wonky when needed the most that either a reboot of the bridge, turning the boiler off or on again, or taking the batteries out of the thermostat itself has resolved. Not this year though! Currently, the app is set to off but the boiler is on, downstairs roasting, and upstairs freezing. This has been getting progressively worse and harder to fix which always feels like a fluke! Have moved the bridge as asked to do by support previously but it continues to be an issue. Far from an elaborate setup and starting to get frustrated to the point I will probably replace! Any help appreciated! Thanks

Answers

• Rip out the Tado and replace it with a Nest. I did it the other way round and saw my heating bill increase by 25%.

• Check that the relay setting is set to RO1 (google it to see how to do it). I had a similar issue but found the setting had defaulted to ST1