Can Tado only work in "bang, bang" mode?.

Options

It is very noisy when the thermostats opens up fully. Is there a setting so the thermostat works more like a traditional type?

Best Answer

• philolilo
    philolilo ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Same issue. No solution at this time and very unpleasant nightly wake up... :s

Answers

• philolilo
    Options
    After 2 months of investigation, I realized yesterday that, in my home, this bang bang comes from the hose clamp which contraints dilatation and retraction of the pipe. Some sections of my heating circuit are visible, and they are made of copper pipe (instead of PE plastics for non visible sections). I first loosen thoses hose clamp, and the noise disappeared !! So I added a rubber band between the hose clamps and the pipes. I hope it will help you.
  • plohmann
    Options

I consulted a plumbing expert. He told me that our house is so old that it don't have a differential pressure regulator. This means that the difference between the incoming and outgoing water from the central heating system can be very high.

We bought a Danfoss AVPL Diff. pressure regulator, and all the noise disappeared. It is now much more comfortable since the heating up sequence is much more "smooth".

I can really recommend it.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @plohmann,
    Where is the pressure regulator fitted.....is it purely attached to your central heating system....or is it connected into your mains water supply ?? 🤔
  • plohmann
    Options

Hello, It is just connected to the heating system. See attached.

• plohmann
    Options

Sorry, it was the Danish version :)

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @plohmann many many thanks for your response....greatly appreciated 👍

I don't know if this is available or even possible in the UK 🇬🇧

Does anyone in UK recognise this and how it could be fitted or work ?? 🤔