Extension has lost connection with the boiler

A few times recently, the boiler has not started but the Tado reports everything is OK. I tried switching heating on and off but no reponse from boiler or valves - like it is dead.

Then I restarted the extension by holding down the button and suddenly everything starts working. Is there something faulty with my extension? Is this a common behaviour and solution? I've not seen it reported.

Many thanks, Andy

Answers

• I have exactly the same issue. It's a new install so I'm thinking of going back to a standard controller with a smart thermostat and returning the extension

Help.
  • FrankFrank | Admin

Hi,

There can be a delay when switching (there are special rules to avoid pulsing the boiler or a valve, for example) so it may not switch right away. If you suspect an issue, it's best to contact support over the chat tool on the website or https://support-request.tado.com/#/contact?locale=en

Best regards,

Frank

• I have the same problem - happens every few months. Everything appears to work correctly; the app shows heating being called for, the thermostat/radiator shows set point but the boiler isn’t called for nor the circ pump activated.
    Only fix is a power cycle - I had thought perhaps a faulty extension kit/relay.
    Tado unhelpful on this occasion.