Extension has lost connection with the boiler

Options

A few times recently, the boiler has not started but the Tado reports everything is OK. I tried switching heating on and off but no reponse from boiler or valves - like it is dead.

Then I restarted the extension by holding down the button and suddenly everything starts working. Is there something faulty with my extension? Is this a common behaviour and solution? I've not seen it reported.

Many thanks, Andy

Answers

• Al_Mood
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. It's a new install so I'm thinking of going back to a standard controller with a smart thermostat and returning the extension

Help.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 7
    Options

Hi,

There can be a delay when switching (there are special rules to avoid pulsing the boiler or a valve, for example) so it may not switch right away. If you suspect an issue, it's best to contact support over the chat tool on the website, see Contact us article

Best regards,

Frank

• GNWallace
    Options
    I have the same problem - happens every few months. Everything appears to work correctly; the app shows heating being called for, the thermostat/radiator shows set point but the boiler isn’t called for nor the circ pump activated.
    Only fix is a power cycle - I had thought perhaps a faulty extension kit/relay.
    Tado unhelpful on this occasion.