Tado SRT set as "INDEPENDENT" What does it actually do ?? 🤔

Options
2»

Comments

• Wordy
    Wordy âś­
    Options
    I am also a convert to the independent TRV set up. Originally each room was zoned, dining room, living room, kitchen , hall downstairs and three bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. Each ran their own schedule and had different temperature settings. This to me was very efficient and only heating one room in my mind saved loads of money.

However when I was comparing my gas bill ( £100 ish per month uk) to others it was similar. I was surprised and then started researching so realise that actually it was highly inefficient. I now have the dining room, kitchen and hall up and down as well as the bathroom independent. The living room can still call for heat as it’s at the back and gets no sun, as can the hall thermostat which at 18c makes the other rooms around 22c

I only have the bedrooms zoned since they used to be controlled from one thermostat upstairs but they all heated at different rates so now each bedroom can be it’s own micro zone which works well and is not used that often.

I have checked gas usage and it is actually less. While I’m sure I’m not fully there with the perfect set up I feel I’m closer.

I just wish the App would ignor the TRV saying “ heating “ when it’s in independant mode as it is not “ calling for heat” even though the temp it set to an upper limit of 24 it’s not linked to anything so always says heating and as a result shows silly bills and usage . Please Tado update this!