My app keeps saying “open window detected” but all windows are closed

Options
Hi all

My app started to send me notifications about open window detections but there is no windows open. It has been a very cold night in Denmark and the thermostat is close to a large window, could that be the reason? Although, I also have another thermostat close to a big windows that does not say anything. I tried to reinstall the thermostat - it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Br
Jon

Comments

• ricardoc2
    Options

Hi,

Do you have any open door in the room? Because it can be a simple air current from another division.

I have mine in the hall and if i open the door from the living room i have the same notification

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @Jtoft,
    The Tado thermostats do not 'actually' detect an 'Open Window' as this would require a Window Sensor.......the way that Tado thermostats produce the "Open Window Detected" notification is by recognising a 'rapid & significant' drop in temperature at the Tado thermostat. An open door and a draught 'will' create an "Open Window Detected" notification.

You can disable this notification, and will therefore reduce/remove this feature in rooms that you do not require this function.

I have disabled this function in all but two of my Tado Rooms. You can also select a timescale for the length of time that the relevant Tado device will 'switch off' the radiator.
  • Lopfest
    Options
    I have been experiencing the same issue lately with closed windows and there were definitely no 'rapid or significant' changes in temperature.
    On the other hand, I experienced multiple times that when I opened a window in winter in a room where heating was turned on, I have received NO notification at all! And there was significant drop in temperature.
    Thankfully the notifications can be turned off, because to receive a faulty notification 10 times within half an hour is super annoying!

Tado should definitely do something do about this buggy feature.