One radiator thermostat continues to show low battery and no external acces with new batteries

Dear Sir / Madam,

We have recently purchased 6 radiator thermostats.

One of them, VA2709267200, showed very often a "no external acces" and needed to be reset all the time by removing the batteries. After a few weeks it said the original batteries were empty and it stopped working. I measured the remaining voltage and this is still above 1,5V so they are like new. I have tested 3 others sets of alkaline AA batteries and it continued to show low voltage within minutes, and stops working after a few hours, while the voltage of the batteries is still OK.

Can the low voltage detection be set to a lower voltage on this thermostat or can anything else be reset / fixed remotely?

The shop where I purchased them suggest to send the whole set of 4 thermostats back so they can be checked, but this means I have to buy 4 new normal thermostats since the old ones are in the garbage.

I hope you can help me with this,

Kind regards,

Daniel Vlasveld

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Vlasveld It certainly appear to be faulty - get onto Support through tado.com and explain the situation and request replacement.