Boiler does not stop heating sometimes

Hello!

I just sat up my Tado system with 7 smart valves and one thermostat directly connected to the boiler. My boiler is a Nefit trendline.

The system works most of the times as expected, but it happened in a couple of occasions that the boiler would just not stop heating up, reaching almost 80degs, although based on the Tado app no heating was requested cause all rooms were in temperature.

The only way to fix this is to unplug the boiler, remove the thermostat, restart the boiler, and when the boiler is ready, re-attach the thermostat, if I leave it on during the boiler startup it will just start heating again.

Is very frustrating, do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Answers

• I believe I found the issue and is probably not related to the Tado thermostat, but to the boiler.

Essentially one of the radiators had some air in it, and it seemed that that created issues to the water circulation and somehow the boiler was stalling. Once the air was took away the system seems stable.

I will keep monitoring to see if it occurs again, not sure though if the boiler stall was at thermostat or boiler level.