w.Intercom = i;In what steps can the radiator valve regulate heat? And for the thermostat? - Page 4 — tado° Community

In what steps can the radiator valve regulate heat? And for the thermostat?

124»

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Well, my question has now been forwarded to second level support.

Definitely appears to be an update to the support pages that frontline support weren't made aware of...
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

@cbd20,

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to share more than the information already available in the tado° support articles. I suspect he same is true for our agents, which is why they could not give you a straight answer.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    edited May 7

@Emcee in which case I suggest tado removes that paragraph from ALL the relevant support pages.

End users are going to read that, expecting their system to continue working with no network. Your statement suggests it likely won't.

This means the support pages are incorrect and providing duff information.

And you wonder why users are losing faith in tado and their support. It also means that when a new user comes onto this very forum to ask other users for advice, we cannot help them as the information available to us is inaccurate.

As I say, please either remove the statements from the affected support pages or provide more supporting information.

• This content has been removed.
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

@cbd20

From my pov and based on what I know, the information is vague, but accurate. No promises, but I'll talk to the article writers to see if they can update the phrasing.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    Assuming any of this info is correct, from my point of view this is all five years too late. Even if the mythical v4 is fantastic, it's far too late, there are much better options out there now, and I could never bring myself to trust anything tado say anyway.
  • This content has been removed.
  • royi
    royi ✭✭✭

@SteveIreland Give it time, you will understand why us users get frustrated with this product. Watch what happens when you lose connection and there's no where to turn waiting for a reply from support.

• Hello,

Excuse me, but what do these latest discussions have to do with the subject?

Best regards,

Pat.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    @Domotix because this is a classic example of how Tado could have put this matter to bed in five minutes with a definitive answer.
    @SteveIreland because I had multiple tado devices for over five years with no progress from Tado during this time to resolve any of the major issues that were outstanding. Originally, tado committed to offering support here, but for the last couple of years, radio silence, leaving users to speculate on answers that Tado could so easily advise on.
  • johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    edited May 10
    @SteveIreland Tado was the best of a bad bunch five years ago, and I stuck with it as i naively assumed they would continue developing it. Their support was excellent then, including a number you could actually ring and talk to someone.
    Today, however, there are many better options out there, so it was time to change. Bonus was that I was able to sell all my kit for more than I paid for it five years ago...
    Hence my cynicism re anything they say now - there is no evidence that they have changed their approach.
  • Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello everyone,

For those of you wondering about the availability of locally stored schedules, please be advised that an update will be shared with the community in the next week or two.

• johnbur
    johnbur ✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    @SteveIreland for five years or more, they have said on these forums that nothing can be improved with the current hardware, so if that has changed then someone has been stringing us along all this time....
  • Rob
    Rob Admin

@SteveIreland

All that is required is some update on whether or not the Bridge range issue can (ever) be resolved.

I do believe this has been mentioned in relevant threads, multiple times. The (V3-V3+) Bridge signal is as strong as it legally can be. The connection firmware of the Bridge and heating devices has been worked on frequently over the last multiple years. For V3+, we are at the edge of the range of the hardware. I do not believe we can make a further significant improvement for the connection of V3+ devices.

Other than obvious troubleshooting steps (move bridge, move other devices that might interfere, and so on) the connection status of these products is what it is. It works for your home, or it does not. For most the range is more than fine, for some (small but significant minority) it is not good enough. I do not expect a huge improvement there.

There might be a future solution to mitigate range issues with X devices for V3+ owners. Today that is still rather inconvenient due to hard cut between the generation. I totally understand why they did this from a technical point of view, although I also understand the frustration it creates. Obviously those who work with customers, like @Emcee and myself, are pushing internally for the best possible solutions for our customers. However, we are no firmware, hardware, backend or app developers and as such depend on others to estimate how feasible such things would be.

The locally stored schedule for V3+ mentioned in the helpcenter is similar from a dependence on others perspective; like in most companies, the amount of information we have, are allowed to share and at what time is not controlled by us. We are eager to share as much and as soon as possible though.