Adding Extension Kit has knocked out Smart Radiator Valves

Options

I was using a Smart Thermostat and Smart TRVs to happily control my heating. All devices were able to independently call for heat.

I added an extension kit as I wanted to also control my hot water through Tado. However, since doing so, the Smart TRVs can no longer call for heat, the Smart Thermostat needs to be calling for heat for the boiler to fire, despite each of the rooms listing the extension kit as their zone controller.

Multiple support tickets and unanswered chat and twitter messages from Tado. How is anyone supposed to get things like this resolved.

It's winter, Tado supplies heating control equipment, I would like to be able to control my heating, please.

Answers

• Les_Parry
    Options

The extension box becomes your zone controller. If you go to settings -> roomname in the app, towards the bottom you will see 'zone controller', this should be your extension box. If it is not then you should be able to change it for each room.

• Thanks for responding but I already said that was the case in the post;

"despite each of the rooms listing the extension kit as their zone controller."
  • @Jurian can you help? Is there anyone working support at Tado?
  • Does anyone actually work at Tado?

@"Adrian (tado°)" ?
  • what_a_tado
    Options

@amsstevenson

Hi. This is a community forum where users try and help one another. You may be better off contacting Tado direct.

• @what_a_tado yes, I have done so, multiple times via multiple media (chat, contact form, Twitter and Facebook), with no response for days. I was hoping that either someone from Tado or another user had a trick to get hold of the seemingly non-existent support.
  • lode_r
    lode_r ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

It may be a long shot. I recently had a new boiler installed and added a 'Wireless Receiver' (update of the Extension Kit). I received detailed instructions about the wiring, both boiler and WR. Then I had to do this:

'Upon completion of the rewiring to a digital interface, the Wireless Receiver needs to be reconfigured, so it can control the boiler correctly using the digital connection.

To do this, follow these steps:

• go to Settings > Rooms & Devices in the tado° App
    • select your tado° Wireless Receiver 
    • Click on Installation Instructions
    • Then click on Change selection and select your boiler model once again. By selecting it once again, the configuration of the Wireless Receiver is automatically updated to the digital interface.
    • Close the screen, no further action needed (ignore the information about installation instructions on the screen)'

I hope it's helpful.

(I never had any issue with support, other than they informed me that it would take more time to respond nowadays)

• I will try that but I have little faith, thanks anyway.
  • Nope, didn't work. Back to waiting for the non-existent support again.