What's my optimal set up?

Options

Hi all

I am looking to get Tado but want to know whether what I want is possible.

Essentially I want to control the temperature in every room. Ideally, I would want a smart TRV on every radiator to control when each radiator is on or not.

I currently have three thermostats - 1 for the downstairs heating, 1 for the upstairs heating, and one for the hot water. More detail on the current set up below.

The issue I face is, for example, the upstairs thermostat is in the master bedroom. Therefore, if I want the radiator on in another bedroom and NOT the master, that is not possible.

Can Tado solve this? If so - what sort of set up would I need.

Would appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks

----------------------------------

Current Set Up:

Downstairs: Thermostat in hallway / 2 Radiator in Living Room / 1 Radiator in hallway (no TRV) / 3 Radiators in Kitchen/Diner

Upstairs: Thermostat in master / 1 Radiator in Master (no TRV) / 1 rad in each bedroom x 3

Hot water tank room: Thermostat for hot water

Answers

• Herres
    Herres ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

For the rooms as you describe there is no problem for Tado. Each room will control the its own temperature and turn on or off the heater when needed. Same for the other rooms.

The hallway may not need a Tado, it can hitch-hike on the water in the system.

The boiler thermostat will only work if it is connected directly on the print of the heater, and seprately from Tado. It depends on the type of heater whether this is possible or not.

Good luck.

• hoth0121
    Options

So it turns out I have a three channel programmer (ground floor, first floor, hot water) - and Tado support (and a bit of searching) tells me this is a no go.

Therefore, I think my short Tado journey has come to an end.

Thank you all anyway!