Tado boiler control

Hello,

We've been using Tado radiator thermostats for nearly a year and really love them. Currently, we are using the Hive system for our main house thermostat (and have a hive controller for our Hot water tank). This system works really well, as i can control the boiler to switch on and off when we need it, and then just heat the rooms we want using Tado.

What i would like to know is:

If we had the Tado starter kit connected to the boiler and hot water tank. Is it possible for a radiator thermostat to talk to the starter kit and ask the boiler to fire up to heat up that radiator, whilst the others are switched off... or is this not how the system calls for heat when the temperature drops in one room?

Example

1 Boiler in OFF position

4 Rad Tado Valves in rooms A, B, C, D)

Rooms A,B,C and D the temp is above 19c

Room D the temp then drops to 18c

Can Room D speak to the boiler and ask it to fire up. This would then heat Room D to 19c and then switch boiler off again?

If you need a further explanation from me, please ask.

Many thanks

Andy

Answers

• Montage
    Montage ✭✭✭

Any demand for heat will cause the boiler to fire (presuming you don't mean it is actually switched OFF).

Radiator valves that are open will pass the water and heat the room. Rooms that are above the set temps will have closed valves. Once satisfied, the demand for heat will cease.

• Thank you.

I have a tado Starter Kit, but have never had time to install it or paid to have it installed... It sounds like it is the missing part of the puzzle :-)