I want to be able to control all rooms on their own, system boiler, one room stat, programmer bust

Options

Hi all,

I want to be able - in time, control each rad in the house. I have system boiler, hot water on second circuit. Room stat is in house and I want to shut rest of house off whilst working in study and also control which rooms get how much heat when

I think I need a starter kit and the smart valves for each room (£ ouch). Existing stat gets replaced.

current system controller is broken but was 7 day programable for CH and HW day by day on once, twice, constant or off

Do I need a new programmer and if so is there something better than the current type

Answers

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

If you want to control HW with Tado then you need to replace the programmer with an Extension Kit or the Wireless Receiver. The Extension Kit is probably an easier replacement for your programmer because it uses a similar backplate with the main device clipping over the top. The Extension Kit has recently been replaced by a Wireless Receiver that performs the same function but is wired up slightly different.

You don’t need to buy the radiator TRVs at the same time. You could start with the wall thermostat and hot water controller to evaluate the system and add the TRVs later.

Alternatively, if you don’t want HW control then you replace your programmer with a new one and just install a wired wall thermostat.