Tado app turns off radiator without me telling it to

Options
Hi,
I was feeling cold in the living room yesterday so checked my tado app and it showed that the living room and dining room where both “off until you cancel” the temp was 17 instead of the 19 it is set to. I cancelled and checked the schedule and there was no reason for it to have done this. Well it has done it again today so wonder if there is any reason why it would be doing this?

Comments

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you use Alexa or Google Assistant at all on any devices to control other things in your home?

Sometimes these devices can struggle to distinguish specific commands. So for example if you asked it to turn something off or down in the same room, and if the command is not specific enough it can also turn off/ down your Tado thermostat.

Requests via smart assistants will exhibit themselves as manual control in the app and will run for whatever your manual control duration is set to. In this case that might be "off until you cancel".
  • Thank you CBD 20 for your reply. I have had some problems with the WiFi and just installed a home mesh. As a result I had to reinstall all the smart plugs and set up the groups in Amazon Alexa. Guess what? The two downstairs thermostats are in the group we use to turn everything off at night! Would never had spotted that without your comment so thank you as you have just saved me hours of searching the internet!
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Glad it helped!

Smart home systems, great when they work, but sometimes they can cause some downright bizarre things to happen.