Heating page is blank in android app v6.8.0

After the latest tado app update on android I am not able to open the heating page. It displays a blank orange page.

(The hot water page still loads correctly.)

I have tried restarting my phone and uninstalling/reinstalling the tado app, and the problem remains.

Prior to this update the app was working properly.

Please help me get this working again!

I am able to control my heating via the tado website, but that is pretty inconvenient so I'd like to get the app working again, so please let me know if there is any more information I can send you.

Dave

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] | Admin
    Answer ✓

@GrayDav4276 Thank you for assuming you understand how we establish how and where these issues occur and thank you for discouraging me from handling this in a public forum.

@KathyBr I recommend you contact our Customer Service via the Live Chat on our website.

@Dave_White We have established this as in issue with devices running on Android 6.0 (hence the follow up questions GrayDav) and will be resolved in the next release which will be available asap.

Answers

• Jurian
    Jurian | Admin
    edited June 2021

This usually means that the internet connection is not strong enough?

At this time, we are not getting any other reports of problems with the 6.8 version of the tado app.

Are there any other tado users who have this issue?

• My internet connection is fine, and the hot water side is still working so it can't be that.

• Hello Dave,

Normally I would recommend you to contact Support directly, however it might be useful for others;

This issue happens on all your mobile devices? If so, please list the brand and model of your mobile devices and confirm that all devices have the latest OS

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Joey

• My screen is not blank but small white text on pale orange background is illegible. I cannot easily read current temperature.
  • Hi KathyBr,

can you provide a screenshot please?

and also the brank and model and OS version of the phone in question.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards

,Joey

• @Joey
    Why do Tado want users to supply some screenshots for these specific issues
    ?? 🤔
    Surely Tado were trialing these new home screen "improvements" before releasing them wholesale.........the issues being reported are so obviously apparent especially the font sizes of certain text.
    Stop delaying these comments/complaints and check it out at your end......then actually do something about it......stop kicking the can down the road !!
  • cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    @GrayDav4276 I do not believe @Joey or tado are "kicking the can down the road" at all. Asking for screenshots and phone details on the forum is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, as it enables others with issues to highlight their problem, so they can narrow down affected devices.

Developing an app for iPhone is hard enough with several models of the phone around and different OS versions. However, for Android that number goes up massively - hundreds of different phone models on different versions of Android, plus those manufacturers that choose to put their own system overlay on the top which further complicates things. It's inevitable that an app will misbehave on certain devices, and almost impossible for a company to test their app on every possible device.

Sorry but I think you've got this complaint wrong this time.
  • Thankyou @Joey - that's good to hear!

Sorry I didn't get back to you with the information - I had a busy day and was only just able to check for replies.

I am indeed on Android 6.0.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    @Joey and others,

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with my comments on this thread.....my opinions will be less forthcoming and will be better informed in the future.
  • @Joey Just to confirm it's working again in 6.8.1.

Thanks again!