Using Tado to control UFH

Options

Hi Guys

I am about to embark on a pretty major building work project on my house. I am replacing my radiators on the whole ground floor with under floor heating.

As far as I know what I would need to get this to work with Tado is wired temperature sensors in every room. The wire then gets routed to the manifold and controls the flow to each room.

Upstairs would still be radiators so I think as far as my boiler is concerned there would 2 zones. Any upstairs and a downstairs. Each room would have it's own circuit controlled by the wired temperature sensors in each room. If a sensor decided that heating was needed it would call for heat and turn the boiler on.

Is my understanding correct? Am I missing anything?

Any help much appreciated.

Answers

• M111CJN
    Options

Hi,

I have a similar setup to what you are looking at doing - From what you have described you are correct!!

For the UFH I have Smart Thermostats connected by fixed wires which route back to the multi-zone UFH Wiring Centre - essentially the Smart Thermostats have replaced the standard Thermostats. These can then call for heat & open the manifold valves for that zone/room.

For the Radiator circuit upstairs, I have an Extension Kit connected to the boiler (replaced the existing wireless thermostat solution) which enables the Smart Radiator Thermostats or Wireless Temperature Sensors to request heat from the boiler without effecting the UFH.

• k1s
    Options

@M111CJN, which wiring centre did you have installed for your UFH. Is it sending a simple switched live back to the boiler to demand heat or eBus "+" & "-" signals that allow Tado to demand heat at the 3 different levels?