How to integrate electric underfloor heating with tado?

ChrisJ
ChrisJ ✭✭✭

I currently have an extensive tado system (hub, extension kit, 11 smart TRVs, 5 wireless smart thermostats) controlling my gas fired central heating and hot water. Several rooms in my house also have electric underfloor heating (comfort heating) which are currently controlled Individually by 'dumb' controllers (timer/thermostat). I'd like if possible to bring the underfloor heating under the control of tado. Does anyone know of any way to accomplish that?

Answers

• @ChrisJ Have you checked out this article?

In most cases tado is unfortunately NOT compatible with electric underfloor heating.

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ ✭✭✭

Hi @Jurian

Thanks for the reply. Since posting my question I did indeed become aware of this, which is unfortunate.

I would like to suggest that Tado considers introducing a new hardware item; an electric underfloor heating controller. This is a gap in the market which you are not addressing currently.

Chris

• CrogUk
    CrogUk ✭✭
    edited October 2021

@ChrisJ I am wondering the same. We havn't got our electric underfloor heating yet but my idea is that if you have a 'WiFi' underfloor heating thermostat then automation via IFTTT may be a perfect solution to link the two systems together :D ... will let you know if that works out in a few weeks hopefully!

• Agree with ChrisJ, a controller for electric underfloor heating would complete my setup.