Ideal C30 Logic Max - Tado not calling for heat?

Options
MattB
MattB
edited September 2021 in General Questions & Topics

Hi all

I've had Tado installed but I can't get it working.

I have an Ideal C30 Logic Max boiler, which had it's own wireless receiver. I've disconnected this and installed the wireless receiver exactly as per the instructions in the Tado app, but the heating isn't working. On the boiler display it says "Room Stat of Timer off".

Hot water works fine (it's a combi boiler), but the boiler doesn't respond to any call for heat.

I've also got the wirless thermostat installed in one of the rooms and TRVs, but not much point installing those yet when I can't get any heat out of the system at all.

Any ideas, as I'm stumped?

Answers

• Coops59
    Options

We are having a similar issue so would be interested in any responses or whether you managed to resolve the issue? Thanks.

• tadouser1000
    Options
    Have you set your wireless thermostat to use relay mode? There's instructions here on how to get the thermostat in relay mode (instead of Opentherm) https://www.tado.com/professional-manuals

If that doesn't work I would reach out to Tado support so they can take a look at your setup
  • sparklefarts
    Options

Beyond ensuring your wireless thermostat is setup in the right mode (relay or OT), I've had the challenge trying to connect OT and it wasn't working because I had also removed the Room Stat/Timer loop.

When I put the Room Stat/Timer Loop back in conjunction with OT connection it worked. Perhaps the reverse is also true, if you are using the Room Stat/Timer (i.e. Relay) make sure you keep the OT loop in there, don't remove it.

• I have the same boiler as yourself and would like to copy your wiring. Did you manage to resolve your issue.
  • allias3g
    Options
    I have been connecing Tado with mine Ideal Vogue Max and compering to mine yougot missing loop on open therm plug on boiler.

Was there one before you started? What settings you got on your wireless sensor?