Does "open window" still alert/function if radiator is switched off or up to temperature?

Hi. I'm thinking the logical answer is "No" but I'm reading a few things to the contrary but maybe they are out of date? It's the summer. All my radiators are off and I haven't had any "open window" alerts. In fact, my Home Assistant dashboard suggests they are reporting window is closed even though it's wide open and fresh air is flooding in!

Best Answer

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓

Open window is just a software feature. It monitors significant & fast drop it temperature. It is more curiosity rather than a proper function.

Answers

• I was wondering the same thing. Everything was set manuallly off over most of summer. I have my back door open all the time while I'm at home (even now summer has passed). One of the Tado radiator valves is literally 30cm from that open back door... but even now that the system is switched back on, it rarely detects the open door.

I was thinking that a logical way to detect the open door/window would be for the Tado system to compare temperature readings from all of its devices. A sudden deviation in temperature on a single device, when that deviation is not caused by an action from the device itself, would be a pretty clear indication of a change in the situation. But even with the current difference of 13° outside and 20° inside, no open window is detected...
  • I have had a couple of open window alerts in the last week now that the system is back on. However, there are far too few and very sporadic! Definitely an area for some detail on how it is supposed to work, and then work to improve it!