Beginner - what to buy

Hi,

I am looking to get a Tado system and was wondering what I need to buy for my setup. All the starter sets etc. are a little confusing for me as I am not exactly sure what is the setup I have in my house. (it was setup by a previous owner). Can someone guide me if I post pictures of what I have

1. Boiler - HP Potterton Promax HE - downstairs in kitchen
  2. Danfoss external programmer - sits close to the boiler. Not sure how it is wired to the boiler. It has settings to control both the radiator and hot water. You can set schedules by day/time separately for the radiators and the hot water.
  3. A hot water storage tank in the airing cupboard - 1st floor
  4. A dial thermostat in the hallway/stairs. (don't know if this is a wired or wireless one?)
  5. MySon TRV valves in living room/kitchen and bedrooms.

I like to have the system setup in such a way where I can setup temperatures for individual rooms (living, bedrooms) and the system to turn off the boiler if the temperatures have been reached (so it doesn't waste gas).

What do I need to buy?

Some extra question. I am not sure the location of (4) dial thermostat is appropriate . It is set right near the entrance but not sure it is useful if it is measuring that space for current temperature.

Thanks

-- P

Best Answer

Answers