Energizer batteries suitable?

Since alkaline batteries run out a bit too often to my taste, I have tried NiMH rechargeable batteries (Eneloop Pro), but those have a voltage of only 1.35V so I immediately get a message that the batteries are almost empty. Now I am considering Energizer Ultimate Lithium (L91), this is a non-rechargeable lithium battery. According to the specifications it has a nominal voltage of 1.5V and a nearly constant voltage over its lifecycle, but at very low loads (about 1mA or less, which will likely be the case here) a voltage of 1.7V. Would this battery be suitable for use in Tado Radiator Thermostates, or would the possibly higher voltage damage it?

Answers

• No-load voltage of alkaline batteries is also over 1.6v. I dont think that will be a problem. Those lithium batteries handle high loads better than alkaline, but their energy content is very similar at 3000mAH. Not sure how much current the motor pulls, its worth a shot I guess?

Tado should really support rechargeable (18650) batteries, or better yet, integrate them so we can charge them with a powerbank.