Is tado° smart thermostat + extension kit v3+ compatible with Vaillant turboTEC plus VUV RO 242/3-5?

Options
2»

Answers

• VFlorin
    Options

I am on live chat with Amazon, since 1h ago.

Thank you, hope will clarify everything.

• VFlorin
    Options

After more then 2h on live chat with Amazon, they admit have wrong and send again the item with extension kit, UK model. And i send back in 30 days the one i received. Good performance skill for Amazon employee, he send the kit WITHOUT waiting for me to send it the first time.

All was corelate with real pictures from package received and so on.

Jay@Amazon UK thumbs up!

Talk again after item will arrive, hope not to be anymore problems.

Thank you for all implicate in this, have a good night!

• scgf
    Options

@VFlorin Amazon support is great isn't it! Well done for getting that sorted.

Tado works with OpenTherm too. When you configure your thermostat for D07, that is the setting to tell it to work with Vaillant eBUS. In this document you can see how you would set it up for OpenTherm and for other BUS systems. Vaillant's eBUS is a proprietary version of OpenTherm and all Vaillant boilers outside the Netherlands use it.

• VFlorin
    VFlorin
    edited February 2021
    Options

@scgf thanks mate!

I already saved this manual for the new kit coming :)

Too bad was Amazon fault when they sended wrong item. But happy they understand and send back initially ordered.

BTW, for next future: with old tado extension kit, can i use radiators multi valves also? I need wireless smart thermostat for each zone or wireless temp sensor?

• scgf
    Options

@VFlorin Now that is beyond my expertise. I have a simple system with just the one Tado thermostat in the dining room. My radiators have conventional thermostatic valves so I can control rooms I don't use much, for example - I've never bothered to upgrade them to Tado smart valves. There are others on here with plenty of experience of using the other Tado components.

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You are able to use any combination :)

Just valves with the extension
    Valves and a wireless thermometer (add on)
    Valves and a wireless thermostat
    Valves and a wired thermostat
  • VFlorin
    Options

Ok, good to know, prompt answers like always :)

What is the differences between valves and a wireless thermostat and valves and a wireless thermometer (add on)?

• gary333
    gary333 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    The wireless thermometer is a new device that just measures the temperature and doesn’t have all the connections on for connecting to a boiler like the thermostat version does. Or at least that’s what I believe as I haven’t seen one yet.
  • VFlorin
    Options

Seems that newer device has more negative things then positive or i miss something?

• VFlorin
    Options
    I understand now why, seems correct information.
    I ordered my starter kit with 138 pounds (with shipment)
  • gary333
    Options

Hopefully you got to see my comments about the thermometer as it seems to have been deleted or hidden for some reason. No idea why this might be.

• VFlorin
    Options

Hmmm, there must be some inconvenient words for others...:)

• BauBau
    Options

Hello. My name is Vlad and I live in Romania. I currently have a Danfoss Link system with 5 thermostatic heads and a relay boiler that controls the VAILLANT green IQ ecoTEC exclusive VUW 356 / 5-7 boiler. The order is made in the On Off system. I would like to buy a Tado system that controls the Vaillant boiler via Ebus. Please tell me which modules I should buy. Did anyone manage to use the Ebus command at Vaillant? I opened two complaints at the Tado center but received no response. Thanks in advance, Vlad.

• VFlorin
    VFlorin
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hello @BauBau , seems we are compatriots :)

As regarding your problem, i was / still am in the same mix of problems until my Amazon extension kit arrive. Hope will come the right kit this time (see ALL post above to understand better)!

To short this problem, if you wish to buy the needed one, chose Amazon (outside UK) like .de, .it, .fr, and so on, for European markets.

Newest UK kit from tado don't work with Vaillant eBUS port. Beware of buying (DO NOT BUY) V3P-SK-WTS01WRP01IB01-TC-UK and always, seach tado products under item number.

Newest EU kit from tado, will work with Vaillant eBUS port. Search item number V3P-SK-WTS01WRB01IB01-TC-EU but i can be much expensive.

Old UK kit (which work also with EU), has item number V3P-SK-ST01EK01IB01-TC-UK and i don't know item number directly for EU. As i said at the beginning of this sentence, this is old is UK version kit which work on EU version also.

My advice is to buy:

• newest EU kit V3P-SK-WTS01WRB01IB01-TC-EU (bridge + wireless temperature sensor + wireless receiver)
    • old tado products as you can chose separated (extension kit EK01-TC-ML-03 + wireless smart thermostat ST01-TC-ML-03 + bridge - hard to find his separated code)
    • old UK kit (which work also with EU) V3P-SK-ST01EK01IB01-TC-UK (bridge + wireless smart thermostat + extension kit)
    PS1: DON'T BUY V3P-SK-WTS01WRP01IB01-TC-UK !!!

PS2: old tado logo on extension kit is in center, new logo of wireless receiver is on left/down side as you see in picture.

PS3: old tado product name is extension kit /// new tado product name is wireless receiver

PS4: you extension must look like this (for Vaillant eBUS)

• VFlorin
    Options

Hello again to everyone :), after 1 month an 1 week, finally fixed, with great help of @scgf and super work of @gary333 . Thank you guys!

PS: @scgf , i did powered from 230V the wireless receiver kit and followed your advice to bridge an wire from terminal 3 to 4. Without that bridge, my gas boiler did not fire for heat. Thumbs up! :)

Also, until i powered the wireless receiver, it didn't work.

@BauBau , you will need this one V3P-SK-WTS01WRB01IB01-TC-EU, my advice, DON'T BUY SOMETHING ELSE! I know what i suffered in the last month with two (2) Amazon UK items (they send me wrong one), but after all, i received back full refund. So 10+ for this!

I will attach two photos, you will understand better from them. Good luck!

• BauBau
    Options
    I'm glad you made it. Congratulations !!!!
  • scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    Options

@VFlorin Well done for getting it all working, especially with that new extension kit!

• VFlorin
    Options

@scgf , i also need to understand, how tado works!

Before, with dumb (ON/OFF) thermostat, was like that:

• set my temp to 23.5°C, previous thermostat TURN ON my gas boiler when temp was 23 and TURN OFF at 24.

How tado manage this? My schedule times, are:

1. from 19:30 to 21:30, i need 23.5°C;
    2. from 21:30 to 22:30, i need 23°C;
    3. etc.
  • scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    Options

@VFlorin

Tado will modulate your boiler. If you are at 23°C, for example, the boiler will work at a low rate to bring your house up to temperature. If you are at 18°C it will fire the boiler at a high rate, slowing down as it gets near to the desired temperature. That's because you have Tado connected to the eBUS - it modulates the boiler rather than simply switching it on or off.

• VFlorin
    VFlorin
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @scgf yes, i understand already tado will modulate by boiler but i was wondering, which temp will get to be closer of the desired one?

Dunno how to explain, for my test, for this evening, desired temp was 24, from 19:30 to 21:30. Max temp was 23.2, and keeped this 23.2, from 21:00 to 21:30. Water temp on boiler set to 64.

Why only 23.2 for such long time?
  • scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    Options

@VFlorin Is your system capable of maintaining such a high temperature? My morning temperature is 19.5°C and evening 20.5°C. Whenever I check the room temperature it is exactly right.

• VFlorin
    VFlorin
    edited March 2021
    Options

Well, i get you! System should be fine :D if not, shame to him :)

I get your point, thank you again and have a good night sleep.

• VFlorin
    Options

@scgf hello again, please let me ask you something, with your tado and gas boiler system, if you make smart schedules (pure example):

• 23.5°C from 21:00 to 23:00;
    • 22.5°C, from 23:00 to 06:00;

After room temp reached 23.5°C or after first schedule time (past 23:00) temp reached only 23°C, and tado switching for second schedule where preset temp is lower (22.5°C than actual 23°C), will your tado turn heating OFF?

I ask you this because my tado, won’t turn it OFF, only if i will do manual OFF from application.

I checked after 30 mins, so time was 23:30, actual temp still 23°C, preset temp 22.5°C, and my boiler still in function. In tado application, i see one wavy line (low) and heating request symbol (ON).

I think this is not normal, in this way my boiler will run without interruption 😢

• scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    Options

@VFlorin

My evening schedule of 20.5°C ends at 22:00 and the next schedule of 10°C runs from 22:00 - 06:45. At 22:00 my boiler stops running and the temperature decreases.

I have no idea why your system doesn't turn off. I never have to use any manual control.

Personally I think your extension box is not the right one. Mine is connected only with the + and - terminals - no 230v connection at all. The extension box I am using is the one shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urul31vx4HM

• VFlorin
    VFlorin
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @scgf :

next schedule of 10°C runs from 22:00 - 06:45. At 22:00 my boiler stops running and the temperature decreases.

This is not an solution for me, because temp can drop under my 22.5 if i will turn it OFF.

Personally I think your extension box is not the right one. 

It's the right one, you seems to have an older v2 or v3 with extension kit. Now on newer v3+, extension kit is renamed to wireless receiver.

Newer one i received is the one i needed (it's compatible with EU gas boiler, not like that two tado kit, i received in pass month from Amazon UK, who was compatible only with UK gas boilers).

PS:

• older ones like you own it, are compatible with both EU an UK gas boilers;
    • newer ones (v3+) are manufactured in two models: one model for UK and one model for EU.

• scgf
    scgf ✭✭
    Options

@VFlorin I see. I'm glad I have the older one - it seems so much simpler!

• AndrewN
    AndrewN
    edited November 2022
    Options

This is now available from Tado UK directly, see here - https://twitter.com/tado/status/1584453780413612035?t=gFhHtROU1UebX4ypfWFXgQ&s=19