Energy IQ all wrong...

Options

Hi there

I've been studiously putting in my meter readings - every day in fact - in to Energy IQ. The problem is the estimated usage (and therefore cost) is totally wrong. What's going on and how do I fix it?

I do use gas for showers and cooking, but my non-heating gas usage is really minimal, and presumably pretty fixed across the year (an average of 23m^3/month in June-Aug when the heating was completely off at all times).

When I look at the meter read data I have input into Tado, in January I used 337m^3 (so let's say that should be c.300m^3 of heating). But when I go to Energy IQ it says I used 150.16m^3 in the chart (so it's assuming that more than 50% of my gas usage is for non-heating activity). This obviously then massively underestimates the cost of my heating...

Any ideas what I can do to change the assumption on the amount of gas that goes to non-heating activity? Or have I totally misunderstood how Energy IQ works?

Comments

• tgm21
    Options

Except that I have... I gave them my meter readings in June so they know I didn't use any heating then but did have 24m^3 of usage, so they do have that reference point.

Clearly the feature should be much much smarter. Or at a minimum let me tell them.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

We put the data into a spreadsheet daily, kWh for gas/leccy, CET (outside temperature), and EV kWh. That way we can analyze the usage data with certainty. With continued frugality in February 23, monthly gas kWh usage is about 38% less than previous months at the same outside temperature 2018-21. That’s quite a lot better than Tado suggests we saved in February.

The spreadsheet data shows the step-down of leccy usage and ROI from replacing older computers that run science programs 24x7.

We also use the Loop app that downloads smart meter data to a tablet/phone and provides some alternative ways of looking at the usage.

• adrianis
    Options

Tado! Give us the option to turn off guessing the consumption by splitting it non-heating activities, if there are NONE (induction hob and electric boiler)!