Low battery warning doesn't disappear after changing the batteries

Geoff
Geoff ✭✭✭
Hey folks,

I've noticed that after a couple of thermostats have run low on battery juice, I've replaced them only for the low battery warning to remain on the app. Is there any way of resetting this apart from removing and re-adding the thermostat?

Comments

• Hi,
    I have the exact same issue.
    I’ve just recharged the two AA Eneloop batteries, but the app still indicates low battery.
    The physical thermostat does not show the warning on the display.
  • Germán
    Germán | Admin

Hi, Geoff and ChristianKS,

When the batteries are replaced, the server will wait until it has received several readings showing the righ voltage before removing the notification. The device may stop showing the alert earlier as it's measuring the voltage straight away, but for the server to confirm this information you may need to wait a bit longer.

Whenever you have used [the right type of batteries](https://support.tado.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207810043-The-batteries-in-my-Smart-Thermostat-or-Smart-Radiator-Thermostat-have-run-out-How-can-I-replace-the-batteries-), if this warning haven't disappeared after 30 minutes, then please contact our support about it.

Best,

Germán

• Geoff
    Geoff ✭✭✭
    Thanks! It's been a couple of months for one of them now! I'll drop support a message!
  • Hi @Geoff

Did you manage to get any info from your support message?

I still experience the error, but it would be interesting to see if you've found a solution.

• I decided to accept the battery low warnings in the device list and started using rechargeable Ni Cads. I tested for 3 maths with one set and they worked well. I have twelve radiators with TRVs. I will simply change the batteries every 3 months and re-charge the standby set. No more expensive Duracell’s for me! I also turned off the low battery notifications in the App.
  • Same problem here. Rechargable batteries probably don't have high enough voltage to trigger battery charged indication. Here's a solution. Before I pace back recharged batteries, I place a set of new batteries in the device. After a while the empty battery indication disappears and I replace the new batteries with my rechargable ones.
  • Hi Pavel,

I'm as well tired using non-environment friendly batteries and see them all send to trash.

I'm using since 6 month plus re-chargeable batteries. Works fine but the batterie replacement info came up immediately. I just ignored it and since 6 month they're still fine.

Thought I'm waiting till one day the heat radiator doesn't work anymore :-)

But your trick is much better 😀

BR Benno

• I had the same issue and found this thread. Eventually found a fix. The bottom battery negative side metal contact has fallen behind the plastic corner meaning that the actual battery rests on the plastic and does not make contact with the metal, I eased off the plastic back cover slightly, forced the plastic corner behind the metal contact and all is now working fine. Hope this works for others.
  • Viki
    Viki ✭✭
    edited October 2023

Having same issue lately; put fresh new battery thermostats turns on but stop after few minutes. When try to calibrations low battery warning does go off on both app and hardware. MAD