Homekit resume schedule

Options
Flyer007
Flyer007
edited November 2021 in General Questions & Topics
Despite having the Manual Control function set to “util next automatic change”, the programma does not resume if i change something in Homekit or use a Homekit automation: ie it remains at the setting as per the last Homekit change.

Any tips??

Comments

• Yes! Same question here! What is the solution? Otherwise homekit is not really usable in practice.
  • objective_cesar
    edited December 2021
    Options

As far as I know changing any setting via HomeKit per automation or manually will automatically change the schedule setting to “until manually resumed” or something.

You would need to switch your whole automation with HomeKit OR the Tado app.

• TD117
    Options
    Same issue here. Would like it to revert back to schedule as per a manual change (as I’ve configured my setup, same as the OP)
  • MattS
    Options

Also interested in this question as according to the instructions, any manual intervention via Homekit should be automatically overridden upon the next schedule timer setup in the Tado app. Without this feature, using Homekit even just once would then require you to manually re-initiate the Tado schedule, which obviously is not very helpful nor feasible in an automated scenario. Kind of a deal-breaker so I'm hoping this is just a config problem or a software bug (was just about to purchase).

• fmwin
    Options

Totally agree with you all. Tado should really allow Homekit to "Resume schedule" for each selected thermostat, so we can set OFF any room when children are leaving for example, and resume the schedule then they're back.

Actually Eve Thermo allows for that and it's the only reason why I can't replace all my Eve Thermo with Tado. It would actually be too complicated to ask my children to do it manually on the Tado app.

See here below the Eve app which can control both Eve Thermo and Tado TRV (quite funnily tho) : the only command missing is "Resume Schedule" on Tado protocol. Also, it would be great that Tado app allows for creating SCENES that we can use with Homekit. It would be quite a pity we should use Eve app to create scenes from Tado TRVs... Btw, Tado app is totally absent in the App list that IOS Automation/Shortcut can access, although Eve and Philips Hue actually are.

So, dear Tado Team, tell me when I can replace all my Eve devices...? ;)

• It’s not that surprising that you can manipulate your Tado TVRs with your Eve app since this app is more or less another frontend for Apple HomeKit (asks for full access on fist start). You basically can control all Devices added to your Home app with the Eve app. On top of that the Eve app adds some features, i.e. the schedule. Temperature changes due to the schedule are always propagated via HomeKit. The TVRs are sending their statuses directly to HomeKit and the Eve app sends and is asking for data via HomeKit.

Tado’s app is different. Everything is going through their Internet bridge here. No direct connection via HomeKit. You simply add all your Tado devices inside the Tado app which in turn propagates them via the bridge to HomeKit. When you change something in HomeKit or the Tado app you basically telling the Bridge to change something at that certain TVR. If you ask your TVR for data via HomeKit/Tado app you tell the bridge to ask the TVR for data.
  • jowie
    Options
    Found the answer on Reddit:

Try this:

If you open the Tado app and tap Settings, then scroll down to Room and tap on one of your rooms/zone, what is the "Manual control on taco Device" set to?

Make sure it's set to Until next Automatic Change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tado/comments/eya66j/homekit_overrides/fgg0rww/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3
  • Ditsy
    Ditsy ✭✭✭
    Options

@jowie I'm afraid that's just a partial workaround. It prevents the heating being permanently stuck on your latest manual control. You could set it to 30 mins in the Living room, then a manual override to increase the heating could work as a 30 minute heating boost. It's no use if you want an open window sensor to trigger the heating to "away" or "off", and the closing of the window sensor to trigger a return to schedule.

Those of you who would like an option to return to schedule / auto, might consider voting on this.

• Baablebrox
    Options
    I need this too, please Tado, add a “Resume schedule » capability to HomeKit.
  • Bumping this topic.

I have some iOS shortcuts/automations set up to power off and on devices based on electricity prices which are known 24h in advance.

Hence my tado settings are set to stay in manual mode until cancelled. I can of course turn off tado devices this way, but it would be nice to have a "resume schedule" compatibility to turn them back on.
  • hillstblues
    Options

Joined just so I could bump this too. For me it's the biggest point of failure in the tado system.

• Seems like Tado does not care much. This thread is open since November 2021. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Gwyki
    Options

My experience is that any changes made via Homekit actually do revert to the schedule at next change. However in the graph report it is incorrectly categorised as a manual setting.

The following screenshots attempt to explain what I mean:

Above shows that the command to Siri to increase the upstairs temp to 21 at around 10am worked as intended - the target temperature is set to 21 and the mode is set to manual.

Above shows that it correctly detected that I had briefly left the house and thus the frost protect temperature of 8 was activated.

Above further shows that later on in the evening the default schedule has in fact resumed and the temperature is now set to 10. The slight bump before the period highlighted is the heating downstairs coming on as people come home from work.

Notice that for all these transitions the activity log is still showing a manual temperature setting. At no time after the initial 10 am Siri command was anything changed manually in Homekit or the Tado app - yet the target temps are clearly changing. If it makes any difference my Tado system is an older one that has been grandfathered in to free automations - we I have all the packages available.

Also note that I have worked around another Homekit integration bug: the light blue sections in the graphs above are periods that in our default Tado schedule that we want the system "off", however I have not set them as "off" in the Tado app, but 5 degrees (effectively off). This allows me to ask Siri to set a temperature - unfortunately if the Tado system is "off" asking Siri to change the temperature fails as you first have to ask Siri to turn it on... Anno

• jaybee
    Options

It's a disgrace that "Resume Schedule" has not yet been implemented!

• wbjohn
    Options

Morning, read this thread with interest. I use homekit to run many scenes and automations and think it works perfectly.

SET Temperature - To set a temperature set a scene to ** degrees with option HEAT then this will set your tado trv to said temperature until you resume.

RESUME status -

If you want homekit to return TRV to schedule just set any temperature and change option to AUTO.

the fact you are setting a temperature is irrelevant it is the Auto setting that returns the TRV to resume the schedule.

so for example i have a Scene to set temperature to 21 and a Scene to set heating to Auto both can be called from Automations ot pressed manually.

If I want a temperature for a set length of time i have shortcuts set up that call the 21 scene then wait a period of time then call the Auto scene.

The options are endless. Hope this helps you all and you can be more positive about Tado

Cheers John.

• jaybee
    Options

If only things were as simple, John

In my case, I have an Eve "Door & Window Wireless Contact Sensor" which I also use to control tado, i.e. turn off the heat when the door has been opened and turn on the heat when the door is closed.

Tado has "Open Window Detection" and although it is a bit slow (because a sudden, noticable change in temperature is needed) it eventually detects an open door. The problem is that it does not know when the door is closed, and therefore just assumes that the door is closed after a certain time (15 minutes?), and promptly starts heating the outdoors.

I can change tado TRVsettings, when the sensor triggers on close:

However there is no AUTO setting (compare the image below with your image), so a specific temperature is needed, and this the schedule you have and - in my case - overrides the temperature for almost the entire day:

The AUTO setting is the one that is requested.

No idea why your device has it, but apparently a lot of us don't!

• wbjohn
    Options

Realised why i have auto setting I have homebridge running on a raspberry pi, set it up couple of years ago and forgot that was the how the auto option is available.