Geo fencing only working with app on in back ground

Options
2»

Comments

• FatihAyoglu
    edited March 2022
    Options
    So could you please tell me then why IFFTT works flawlessly? And I’m not even mentioning Home app in case you say it’s a native Apple app.

While I’m not a developer per se, I am very familiar with framekits that Apple asks developers to use for certain tasks and I know this because I participate on Alpha and Beta testing of various softwares and apps. Usually the issue comes to the surface when dev teams do not want to use the framekit or do not have skills to use the framekit and they try to go around it.

Apple changes the code and framekits frequently but then they issue beta testing for their iOS versions. It is up to the developers to be on board with Apple and be complaint with iOS system. That is obviously if they’d like to be a part of that eco system. Otherwise, what tado does now is false advertising as it is not complaint with Apple, it is not complaint with Home ecosystem and definitely shouldn’t be selling subscriptions based on false promise of a working geofence.
  • FatihAyoglu
    Options
    And about 15.3, people in here states, including me, they are running on the latest version, and still have issue. In fact I’ve started to get a different issue where tado tracks me out but not back in to my home. Go figure
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

@FatihAyoglu You need to join the test team and sort this out :-) On a serious side Apple can't be that great to work with if so much software (also from big players) has been affected. A bit of a coincidence.

• FatihAyoglu
    Options
    @rafm5 I know, they have habit to change the code between last GM and full public release as well :)

However per my example, throughout all these updates, much smaller apps like IFTTT didn’t have an issue while tado and Hue have/had issues. That I don’t understand.
  • FatihAyoglu
    Options
    Oh, also disliking my comment about issues on 15.3 shows the maturity of certain members of this forum. Dude you really need to grow or get a life
  • FatihAyoglu
    Options

Oh look

"The iOS bug has been fixed by Apple with its iOS update. The new issue is a bug on our side. Normally, when you connect to your home Wi-Fi (as selectable in our app), you are by definition 'home'. Now, the home Wi-Fi is ignored. Making the location detection based only on GPS. In theory this should be fine too, in reality it is not. Not for everyone at least. It is a known bug that will be fixed." says admin.

So guess what, it is not a user issue. For that genius who insists, well...