Wireless temp sensor not sending temp values to Receiver/ IBridge

Has anyone seen this error condition ? - My new installed Wireless Temp Sensor seems to work for 15-20 mins after a restart but then locks up and the Receiver goes into error mode with slow blinking of Pair & Error LEDs. It does this repeatedly.

The temp sensor control button also becomes stuck on a Manual setting after incrementing through each function screen.

The Sensor is measuring Ok & displays a temperature after 1 button press but this temp is different to value shown on the home status screen , so I believe the set point values are not being transmitted to the IBridge & Receiver and this is causing the Receiver error blinking after the 20min no data timeout.  

Only the Temp sensor shows as ‘No remote access’ on the web portal settings screen.

I can command the Receiver to operate heating Ok by calling for heat from one of my Smart RTV Radiator thermostats, so that means the system is working correctly except for the wireless Sensor.

Is the sensor faulty ? it pairs Ok with IBridge after a battery disconnect restart, is in 2m range and the internet connection is fast & stable, should I try a factory reset & how do you do that ? 

Is there an FAQ on how to operate the Wireless Sensor and what the control button pressing should action ? I only found a symbol chart ?

Any ideas folks ?

Answers

• I contacted Tado support and they suggested wireless drop-out with the WSensor is due to radio interference from some other RF emitter in the house. They changed the IBridge radio channel but so far that's not corrected the problem. I also have 4 smart radiator TRVs that communicate Ok, so I suspect RF interference is low unless the TRVs are using a different comms protocol than the WSensor ?

The wireless temp sensor still behaves strangely , after one button press it shows temp and displays this continuously until a second button press then shows the last set point temp and again displays this continuously until the bartteries goes flat. Sometimes it takes several button presses to get the display to increment to next screen and then time out to off. Is that a faulty sensor or just what's happens when it's in non communications with the IBridge?

Has anyone found a help article on how the WSensor is supposed to work normally ? I can only find a YouTube video with basic set up info.

• Hi @Kalu1
    Have you tried the obvious "new batteries" trick......sorry if you've already done this.
  • hi , Yep tried that , Tado even asked me to take photos of the batteries in and out of the compartment, I guess they thought low voltage could be an issue , which is of course is very possible.

• Is the app. showing "No Remote Access" for the wireless temperature sensor ?

• Hi Hugbilly thanks for your interest, Im using the web portal instead of the App cos my old iPad Air only updates to IOS 12.5 and the Tado App needs IOS 14+. But Yep the system reports 'No remote Access' after approx 30 mins from reseting so that's reporting loss of communication correctly as expected.

Ive also seen on another discussion thread with a similar problem that was improved by moving the Receiver further away from the boiler because of its interference , presumably caused by the control valves or relays emitting switch off inductive spikes that upset the Tado 868Mhz carrier frequently . So ill try that next.

• I had to move my bridge around quite a bit for best communication. I used a longer power and ethernet cables to raise it higher. Since then I've rarely lost connection and when I do notice it on the app. / portal it almost always corrects itself after a short period. A range extender would be a great bonus however as I'm sure you've gathered from other posts on this forum

Best of luck :^)

• Great ,thats good feedback to try. Tado support said RF interference is most likely cause , so I'll have to try all the elect items in the house , like LED dimmer lights , laptop switching power supplies , boiler pump, fans and other broadband signals like elect smart meters which I believe also work on the same 6LoWPAN radio network as Tado.