V3+ and the Vaillant EcoTec Plus 376/3-5

Options

Hi everyone

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a Tado V3+ smart thermostat. Since then I've been trying to get it to work but no succes yet. I have also been in contact with the official support desk, who have been very supporting yet there is no solution in sight for now. Maybe the 'community' might have a suggestion.

Boiler: Vaillant EcoTec Plus 376/3-5

Thermostat: Tado V3+

Current situation:

Tado is connected at the +- terminals. These are directly running towards the Boiler +- (e)Bus connections.

My boiler is heating throughout the night even when all Tado devices (the smart thermostate itself and 2 radiator with the smart control) are in OFF mode (Frost protection mode).

There is also NO VR33 module or anything connected to the X31, I check this. (Belgian model)

I have been reading countless of threats on this forum and the internet but nothing...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Answers

• ceeceedee
    Options
    Hello JefferyB,

Did you solve this problem?

I have a Vaillant EcoTech Plus 637 R1 which has been working with Tado control for some years. I checked the label on the bottom of my boiler and it also makes reference to 367/3-5.

I am wondering if our boilers are the same? Can you post a photo of the label on the bottom of your boiler? I have taken a photo of the label on my boiler but I can't work out how to post it usuing my phone, I will try tomorrow on a PC.

I did not wire my boiler (I retrofitted a Tado smart thermostat to replace an existing 'dumb' thermostat), but if your boiler is the same model as mine I am happy to try and work out the wiring on mine and share that with you.

Regards
  • JeffreyB
    Options

Hi! Thank you for your response.

I managed to make it work BUT indeed as "relay". Which is the same as my previous "dumb" thermostat as well.