Tado bridge not connecting to internet via switch but does via router

Options

Hello,

I have my tado bridge connected to a switch, which is connected to another switch, which is connected to the router. This worked perfectly fine for a month. Now the bridge does not connect to the internet anymore.

But when I connect the switch directly to the router it works fine. Unfortunately from this location not all radiators can make a connection to the bridge.

All other hardware (nas/laptop/etc) are still connected to same switch as the one used for the bridge. All these devices still have a perfect connection to the internet. Also there are no changes made in my network lately.

Any one else has this problem or can help me troubleshoot this issue?

Answers

• rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@phahnen Does your tado° bridge respond (when connected to a switch) to the ping command at all?

• paul0000
    Options

I have the same setup as you, with no issues.

I would suggest rebooting all switches your main router (if you haven't already) and also restarting the internet bridge. I've mentioned in these forums before but I see our internet bridge lose internet connectivity (although all other devices on the same switch are fine) so I'm in the habit of power cycling the bridge every week.

The other check worth making is if there are any static IP conflicts.

• phahnen
    Options

@rafm5 When I connect the bridge to another switch (bridge->(2x)switch->router), the bridge works. In my ideal setup (bridge->(3x)switch->router) it doesn't.

I created a static IP for the bridge in order to determine if is detected in my ideal setup, but the bridge cannot be found.

• paul0000
    Options

Are all 3 of your switches the same make? What happens if you swap switch 2 (where the connection works) with switch 3 (where it doesn't work when directly connected)?

• phahnen
    Options

All switches are of the same make.

For now I have an alternatieve solution which diverts the 3th switch.

• JohnWH
    JohnWH ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    @phahnen
    I assume that you’ve tested the setup with a different Ethernet cable, using an alternative switch port etc.
    Tado bridges work at very low (10mb/s) Ethernet speeds. Perhaps you could try setting the switch port connected to the Tado bridge to a fixed 10mb/s speed?
    Hope this helps.
  • i have the same issue.

I used to have an UDM Pro and Switch Lite 16 PoE. After many hours lost, and zero support from tado, i managed to figure it out. The 10Mbps switch port profile helped.

Now I've changed my switch to a USW Pro 24 PoE, still from ubiquiti, and it doesn't work anymore, but when I connect it directly to the router UDM Pro, it works.

I can't understand what's the issue, thing is that it doesn't get a DHCP lease through the switch. All other devices through that switch work fine, just tado is a pain. Tado appears with an APIPA IP 169.254.....

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    Options

@PaulAidimireanu have you forced the port on your switch to 10Mbits Half-Duplex ?, some switch have a hard negotiating that speed profile. My Peplink one kept dropping the connection, and the bridge does not automatically recover, and a power cycle is needed.