Tado says heat is on when its not

Options

I have recently seen that the Tado app says the heat is on and using gas, according to my schedule, but the heater is actually not turning on, or only 30 minutes later.

My connections are all good, as are the batteries.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

What indication are you reading to determine that the heater is on? Are your rooms near the scheduled temperature, or getting sufficiently colder during the 30 minutes?

• Grant837
    Options

Hi @GrilledCheese2

Sorry for the late reaction!

I have a separate app for my smart gas and electricity meters, so I can see when my heater starts using gas. In this case it was a half hour after Tado said the heater was working at full power.

It happens first thing in the morning, when the room temperature is several degrees (C) lower than the heating setting.

Its also sporatic... most days it works fine, but last week there where two days where I saw this, so I thought I would investigate.

I am thinking that TADO only is reporting what it has told the heater to do, and does not (can not?) get data from the CV if its actually working or not. But then how would TADO be able provide its ´Service´ feature if it can not get measurements and error codes from the heater?

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @Grant837 ,

The time difference could be the time delay in the data reporting from your meter to the App.......I believe that some meters will only update on a predetermined schedule. So I think that the tado° indication is correct, and your Smart Meter App "catches up" when the data is transferred.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

@Grant837 the reason I asked how you determine the gas heater is on/off is due to Tado being a TPI thermostat. The App may visually indicate a room is heating but this does not mean the heater is on at that moment of time. For instance if the TPI value is 25% then the thermostat will be switching the gas heater on for 15 minutes in each hour. You can check the TPI value by looking at the Heating Activity under Care & Protect. If the value is 100% then the gas heater should definitely be on at that moment in time.