Several of my TRVs lose connection and do not reconnect automatically. How can I resolve this

Options

Several of my TRVs lose connection and do not reconnect automatically. How can I resolve this

Answers

• JohnWH
    Options

@AJC

Have you tried manually turning the control on the actual valves. I found this seemed to 'wake' mine up when they dropped connectivity to the Tado bridge in the early days after installing my system.

I have found the connectivity between TRV's and the bridge has really improved (perhaps from firmware updates?) to a level where it is now rare for any of my (12) valves to drop offline.

• AJC
    Options

Thank you . I will try this, but only time will tell.

• Romac
    Options

Have you tried moving the bridge closer to the TRVs, you can use a plug-in network extender to do this. I had to move mine for the same reason.

• Timbok28
    Options

Also, the bridge works better if it is standing vertically, rather than lying flat..

• AJC
    Options

I keep loosing connection with two or three of the TRVs. The bridge is vertical and I moved it half way up the wall and away from the corner of the room. I have not yet tried an extender. Thank you for your help.

• Tado_UKuser
    Options
    I had one room TRV that started to become intermittent. I was advised to try switching TRVs to rule out a hardware issue. I also tried switching to fresh batteries in case the batteries were lower than reported. This seemed to work for a short while. Subtle things in line of sight from the bridge to the TRV can also effect it. I moved an office chair which helped improved things, but I was still getting some drop outs. Ultimatedly I ended up moving the bridge about a meter closer to the TRV that was dropping out and it seems to have stabilised. Concur with others bridge appears to give strongest signal by being vertical.
  • Tado_UKuser
    Options
    I was still experiencing drop outs despite moving bridge several times. I have now moved the bridge to the loft of the house, dangling bridge downwards about 20 cm (8") from top. So far no drop outs, but it can take days to prove. I used a power line ethernet extender to pass signal into the loft. Fingers crossed this works.