Heating does not follow the smart schedule. Spontaneous Heating!

Options

Has anyone else had issues whereby there heating turns on sporadically and does not follow the smart schedule?

The majority of the time I am out and the heating is set to 'OFF' in the schedules. However, there has been numerous occasions whereby 'for example' a smart thermostat will turn itself on and subsequently turn the heating on - this happens during the day and often in the middle of the night. After spending a hell of a lot on this system to help save money and be able to zone my property it is in fact costing me more. And I'm borderline looking to contact their customer service team for a serious complaint through.

The tech team are useless and always want exact dates and times of when these things go wrong. But I'm sorry I dont stay up all night to wait for something to malfunction to record the time when it does!

Anyway has anyone else had these issues? any workarounds? solutions?

Please help, everything is SO expensive as it is!

Ed

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

Have you got early start turned on? If so, turn it off

There are numerous threads about it but basically it doesn't work properly and can result in heating coming on hours before it's needed. I was under the impression it did work on the smart thermostats but not on the TRVs but maybe it just doesn't work at all