Valiant ecotec pro 28 - fitting

Hi all,
I have the above boiler and am about to fit my wireless receiver.
There is controller next to the boiler - which I’d love to post a picture of if I could figure out how!
It has one grey button in it and a couple of lights.
Do I just replace the controller with the tado receiver ?

Many thanks for your help

Comments

• figured out how to add a picture !

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

I don't know that boiler, but yes, just wire up Wireless Receiver.

• so remove the existing box (pictured above) and put the Tado wireless receiver in it's place without bothering to open the boiler at all ?

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭

yup, should be able to do that. at min you should see 3 wires, L, N, Switch Live (to control heating relay on boiler.)

• So a bit more complicated than I expected!

• So N & L go to the N and L "Supply"

The A goes to CH COM

The B is Switched Live ? and goes to CH NO

Does that sound right ?

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

yes, but without seeing inside the boiler, that wiring shows that COM on your boiler needs a live supply (as per the bridge in the existing controller L to A), so I would assume you would need to do the same on the Tado (bridge wires are included in the box) L to CH COM.

I'm guessing that controller is being powered 1st from mains, then that intern is supplying power to your boiler. Normally is done the other way around (boiler 1st then power to controller).

• Ok - I’ve connected it all up but when I try to change the configuration to be combo boiler (yellow light) - it won’t change from green - the default setting.
    Pressing the heating test button should cycle round the options - but it doesn’t:-(
  • Oddly seems to be working now…