Another twist on remote access

Options

Some weeks back I had to change my Virgin Media router. After I did this I was faced with “No remote access” on every thing TAD except one TRV. I have been though every thing that Tado recommends on multiple occasions without success. What I find strange is that is one TRV says it is working & everything else says no remote access which to me implies that there is remote access.

I have used Tado chat on a couple of occasions to try & sort this out & so far I have not had a response after about four weeks.

it appears that no remote access is quite a problem for a number of people & most people seem to get sorted out by help from the Group.

So if anyone out there has a suggestions I would be most grateful for their input.

MTIA

Jim

Answers

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options

There are many and varied reasons. If the router connection was working previously, the first place to check is the replacement router and connectivity. Why was the router replaced ? Is your broadband on fibre, cable, rebadged openreach, or? What are the old/new router model numbers and firmware ? Have you moved its’ location and lost local connection to your devices? Have you power cycled the router? Look at what is happening with the bridge lights … Are they as expected ? Move the bridge to another Ethernet port? If the bridge is USB powered from the router, try the provided tado power block or your phone power block? Connect the bridge via a 10/100/1G Ethernet switch? As for the ISP router and network … too many TLAs and acronyms.