How to turn of rest of house heating

Sorry if this is a daft question but how do you get the heating to turn off.

The rooms where I've replaced the thermostatic radiator controls are good as gold, they turn off they're comfortable. But I've a few rooms without them and they just never switch off, they are constantly drawing heat. I bought the system to try and save some money on heating but if this continues I'll be better off disconnecting it and just going back to a timer.

Is there any way to have the rest of the heating on a timer? Or even the whole house? I thought that the smart thermostat would control the general usage but that is not the case at the moment

Answers

• Did you install a wall thermostat? If you use the app to turn off all rooms then your radiators and boiler should all switch off. If they don’t the wall thermostat is not wired up properly.

If you turn off the wall thermostat, but leave the radiator valves on then it is possible that other radiators heat up too. This is dependent on the app configuration you are using. This is due to you having “one” heating circuit. When a radiator valve calls for heat the hot water will pass through all radiators that do not have a smart valve to regulate their temperature.

• I did, I thought it would be the thing that would push the system to turn on if the temperature was low and off if high. I've turned the ones I haven't got set up down really low to try and reduce the waste.