Smart thermostat on wall has lost display but tado app still seems to work. Can I leave it like that

Options
Jogey
Jogey

Hi all,

The smart thermostat on my wall used to have a glowing white display on it which showed the current temperature and you could also do things like set target temperature and so on. You operated this by pushing a button on the smart thermostat.

However for the past few days, when you press the button on the smart thermostat nothing is displayed.

BLINK DISPLAY

On the tado app under "smart thermostat" it says:

RU0581566464

Firmware: 54.20

There is a tick next to "connected" and a wired battery symbol which shows a full battery symbol and says "good" next to this symbol and underneath this it says "Room Heating"

I am now unable to use the wired smart thermosat on the wall to set the target temperature as there is no display, but if I set a target temperature on the tado app the system seems to work well i.e. it heats to the target temperature and then stops.

If I press on "BLINK DISPLAY" with my finger it changes to "Device displays Hi" but the actual display on the device shows nothing.

As I normally use the app on my mobile phone and not the smart thermostat on the wall to set the target temperature, can I ignore the loss of display on the smart thermostat on the wall or will there be problems unless I repair the display on the smart thermostat on the wall?

Secondly does anyone know how to fix the display on the smart thermostat? I changed the batteries inside the unit, but it did not make any difference to the display.

Thanks.

Comments

• Rob2
    Rob2 ✭✭✭
    Options

It looks like it went defective. And also it is an old unit, as the later hardware has Firmware version 96.1

When you do not need it, I would not worry until it gets temperature control issues.

• Jogey
    Options

Hi Rob2, Thanks for your reply. Actually I took the smart thermostat off the wall, opened it up and it has 3 AAA batteries inside, I replaced these and the unit started working perfectly again. So looks for now anyway, problem solved.