No remote access, or is there?

Options

I've trawled through the other posts on the subject and I can't find a solution, so here goes....

Long time Tado user, since 2018, with 13 TRVs, a Smart Thermostat and Internet Bridge v3. Mostly worked well over the past 4 years until around 48 hours ago. House broadband connection was down for half an hour, and since it came back I now have not remote access showing on all Tado rooms/devices on the app.

I've power-cycled the bridge a few times which has made no difference. Bridge is live on the network, all three LEDs are lit up as normal and I can see it trying to talk to ingress.tado.com when it powers up, but nothing else.

The really odd bit is that when I use voice commands on an Amazon Echo to adjust the temperature in a room, Alexa reports that the device is not responding but I can see the temperature change to the chosen value as she's telling me it's not responding. So it's half-working.

I have a Philips Hue Bridge and FireAngel gateway connected alongside the Tado Bridge and those are working fine, it's just Tado that's not playing ball.

Any suggestions? I'm about to go away for a few days but I've retained a hard switch for boiler control, so I can at least disable the heating, even if Tado is refusing to co-operate.

Comments

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @AlanB

Have you tried to reset your Smart Thermostat, because this is acting as the system controller. I had a similar issue when my Extension Kit lost connectivity.

• AlanB
    Options

That fixed it, thankyou so much!

I had no idea there was a dependency there as the thermostat just acts as the control/temperature measuring device for one room.

Much appreciated.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    Hi @AlanB
    No problem 😎