Frost protection and air intake behind radiator

Options

Hi! When I study the recorded temerature graph, I can see that the temperature lowers and rises in a wave pattern, which indicates that the smart radiator valve restricts the water everytime room temperature reaches the scheduled setting rather than finding the correct static restriction for the desired room temperature. I guess that’s how a thermostat works.

My question is how much water is restricted and for how long. 

My concern is the frost protection. On support page it is stated that Tado ensures that temperatores do not drop below 5°C. I assume this is related to the measured room temperature from the unit it self sitting on the side of the radiator. 

The original valve handles frost protection by making level 3, aproximately 16°, the lowest possible setting. The reason for this is that fresh air intake sits right behind every radiator and the water will quicly freeze if water is restricted 100%. Therefore, I’m concerned what temperature my radiators will be every time the wave pattern reaches the lows.

I’m missing the abillity to set the freeze protection mode and the away mode to a static (not termostat) controlled mode that allows for a minimum of water flowing. Is it possible?

When switching to away mode, it could take many hours before room temperature has dropped to the desiered temperature - both because my apartment is isolated very well, but also because I get heat from my neighbours underneath me and because big windows allow for the sun to come in. If in this period the water is blocked, the freezing temperatures from the air intake behind the radiator could might cauise severe and costly damage for me and also responibility for damage to the rest of the condomenium.