Hybrid Heat Pump support [Atlantic Aurea 5 R32]

Options

This heatpump comes with the plugwise Anna thermostat using the opentherm protocol to control most combi-boilers, so they control the heatpump and the combi-boiler, but one must remove the Tado thermostat. If plugwise can control the hybrid system, it should be trivial for tado to do the same thing. I would like to remove the Anna thermostat and install my tado control once again.

Hybrid heat pumps require the system to be in equilibrium, and slow and steady is way more efficient than on/off, so there will be the need to create a mode of monitoring the outside temperature, the indoor zones and the incoming heatpump "warm water" to allow the system to reach harmony. Only perform minor consistent burning to bring the radiators up when the outdoor temp is so low that the heat pump can't keep up, and in the special case when we need a single zone to boost up the temp but closing the TRVs to minimum flow on all other zones while this is happening so the heat pump doesn't turn off by the sudden high temp request.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Kees75
    Options

I have a QUATT hybrid heat pump and it perform extremely well.

It is running now for almost two months and has saved me a lot of money in gas M3.

To enable that I had to remove the TRV's from the TADO system and only run on one TADO thermostat. In order to control the rooms I had to manually open/close the TRV's.

I now look for TADO to assist me in getting remote control over my TRV's without the TRV's messing with the control of the hybrid pump.

I tried adding the TRV's to the TADO system and they take over the control of the heat pump. When that happens, the heat pump goes into overdrive and consumes way too much energy and I loose efficiency.

TADO please respond.

• rpuls
    Options

Anyone had success with using tado with Hybrid Heat Pump? I'm considering having an Atlantic Aurea installed. But would be a shame if it doesn't work with my expensive brand new tado system…