Wired Thermostat and 3 Smart Radiator Valves not working correctly

Options

I have had a Tado wired thermostat for some time. It's located in the hall where there are no radiators. I have just purchased 3 tado valves for use in the three rooms we use the most but not all day. I have set the office temp higher in the daytime and the living room higher in the evening and the bedroom to come on for a short while in the evening. However, last night the radiators in those three room heated to way above what they were set at. I've added a photo. I turned everything off to frost protection, including the wired thermostat but the heat in those rooms just continued to rise. In the end I had to remove the valves and put the old ones back on - it was the only way I could stop the heat rising. Photos show the thermostat (Heating) and the three radiator thermostats. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• davidlyall
    Options

Do you also have an extension kit/wireless receiver?

On 2 or 3 occassions, my extension kit has appeared to lock up and either not turn on or not turn off the heat/HW so it could be something like that where the boiler is kept running.

However, that doesn't explain why the valves would remain open to allow flow to continue into the radiators. Are you sure the valves were shutting them off correctly previously?

• Woodie907
    Options

Thanks David. I only installed the valves on Saturday - they seemed to be working on Saturday / Sunday but then yesterday evening the problem started. I don't have an extension kit just the wired tado thermostat and the tado bridge.

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

If you're sure the metal TRV body attached to the radiator is still functioning properly (will fully close), then try recalibrating the smart TRVs. Remove the batteries from the TRVs and re-insert after 10 seconds. This will force the smart TRV to recalibrate the Open and Closed position for the valve body.

• Woodie907
    Options

Thank you. I’ll give that a go.