Which tado starter kit should I get for my case (Wired or Wireless)

Options
Mostafa
Mostafa
edited October 2022 in General Questions & Topics

Hi,

I'm planning to get tado smart thermostat and TRVs for my apartment. I'm quite new to this, did some readings. I have some questions and would appreciate advice as well.

I live in the Netherlands and have intergas hre 24/18 boiler with water tank, boiler is wired honeywell modulation thermostat in living room.

Since I have a boiler with a water tank, do I have to get the wireless version of tado starter kit " the one with wireless receiver" or I can use the wired version?

If it is possible to use the wired version what are the drawbacks? do I need to additional work the hot water "tap" to function?

I would rather have the wired kit as it would be easier for me to install by myself as I believe will just have to replace existing thermostat, replace the wiring. also there are some good deals on the wired version of the starter kit.

For the wireless version however, I think I will have to get a professional to connect it to the boiler. - I'm not very handy with electricity.

I'm mainly concerned about controlling the heating efficiently in the rooms, controlling hot water "tap water" is secondary.

Thanks

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Do you have rads or underfloor heating? There is a chance if the hot water is controlled through the thermostat that it’s just a question of putting in the Tado wired thermostat on a digital connection. Otherwise you will need the wireless receiver to control hot water.

I think you’re best off contacting Tado support and sending them a picture of your wiring, it’s not really possible to tell what you need.
  • Mostafa
    Options

I have radiators, no underfloor heating.

Thank you for replaying. I will try to contact Tado support as you suggested.