OVO Starter Kit: Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ vs V3+ (incl. Programmer with Hot Water Control)

Options

Hello

I am a UK OVO Engery customer and am considering purchasing a Tado kit via OVO as they have a special deal.

The Ovo web site states they supply a “Starter Kit: Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+”.

However, the Tado website (https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3403569-what-is-a-tado-starter-kit-and-what-are-the-differences-between-versions) states this has been replaced:

**For the UK**

The “Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ (incl. Programmer with Hot Water Control)” replaces the Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+.

So what is the difference between the two?

Cheers

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The uk wireless starter kit has a wireless receiver with two relay (on/off) connections - one for Ch, one for hot water. The eu version has one relay connection and one digital (for Opentherm/ebus).

If you have a system boiler with a hot water cylinder you are most likely to need the uk version, if you have a combi then you may to connect digitally, in which case you’d need to source an eu version.
  • JEBR
    Options

Hello thank but as OVO is a UK company I'm sure they are supplyting the UK starter kit.

It was more a question of (from the Tado site) - what has changed between these two (Both UK kits):

“Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ (incl. Programmer with Hot Water Control)” replaces the Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+."

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@JEBR

To confirm if there actually is a difference in the 2 kits (as opposed to a simple re-naming of the same product by tado°) then I suspect you will need to ask tado° support to explain.

• johnnyp78
    Options
    They’re not both uk kits. It’s telling you that if you’re in the uk you’ll get the version with hot water control but without digital connections, not that it’s replaced a previous version. Feel free to contact Tado support to confirm this.