Does tado support Opentherm/bus control and zone valve control together?

Options

I have recently moved to a 3 storey new build and the existing setup has 2 thermostats (On the top and bottom floors) connected to 2 zone valves, the zone valves are then connected to the boiler (which supports Opentherm) on a common connection. I'd like to replace this with a Tado system that will connect to the boiler via Opentherm and still retain a zoned system for optimal efficiency and still retain the comfort of the zoned system.

Will it be possible to use Opentherm with the control valves/relay control using Tado?

Answers

• johnnyp78
    Options
    The only possible way I could see it working would be a wired thermostat/wireless receiver connected to the boiler communicating wirelessly with two Tado wired thermostats connected to the zone valves. This would involve a lot of rewiring though and the zone valves would still need to be powered. If you just used two wired thermostats for the zone valves it definitely wouldn’t be possible.

You’ll need to use either a wired thermostat, an eu wireless receiver or a discontinued extension kit connected to the boiler for opentherm support.