Can those who picked the black thermostat comment

Options
Hi any regrets as too the finish of the black unit, is it Matt or polished and does it show any fingerprints?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Ceejaydee
    Ceejaydee
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi. I bought the black starter kit at the weekend and installed it. I think it looks nicer than the white thermostat. Plus... it was only £99.99 from Screwfix - bonus 👍🏼. I'd say its a matt finish and looks a little more modern than the white one. It's just a pity the extra Temperature Sensors don't come in the Black option to match the Thermostat.... maybe one day 🤔. Its a great product and you can't go wrong with the low price at the minute. 100% recommended 👌🏼 👍🏼

Answers

• Robti
    Options
    Thanks went into the Screwfix app to order and found a voucher for £15 off a £60 spend so ordered and will pick up today. At that price it was a no brainier
  • rafm5
    rafm5 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Ceejaydee Share some photos ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Folkranger
    Options

Yes I was trempted by Screwfix's offer on this but found the wireless ones in UK don't do open therm so not so energy efficient. In my opinion this is false economy.

• Robti
    Options
    I wasn’t bothered as I have weather compensation on my system so it provides all I need at a competitive price
  • Folkranger
    Options

Weather compensation and Opentherm are two different things. If your boiler is capable of Opentherm (and it may or may not be) then Opentherm thermostat control is the best way to maximise efficiency.

• Robti
    Options

Really can you explain why ?

Thanks

• GrayDav4276
    Options

@Robti

There are quite a few different threads on this in the forum........why not have a search,

• johnnyp78
    Options
    I think it’s quite a blanket claim to say that load compensation is more energy efficient than weather compensation. Heat differentials in zones can require more energy, while maintaining a constant temperature throughout the house can require less. Lots of variables to consider too, like insulation level, comfort temperature preference and so on.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options

@johnnyp78

I totally agree with you...... every setup is unique......and therefore what works effectively in one home will not necessarily work efficiently in another. We (the users) need to experiment with our setup until we find the one that "works" for us.

• Folkranger
    Options

It is a blanket claim. Assuming that most people. heating engineers included, don't have the wherewithal to determine the affect of all the various factors then a blanket claim is a good rule of thumb.

• GrayDav4276
    Options
    And therefore, depending on your individual household requirements, either type may be correct for your setup.