Wiring into ideal logic combi

Options

LWaiting on support but thought to ask here if I have wired this correctly or if I need the switched live option, removed the link wire and connected the CH COM and CH NO into the two external stat terminals on the boiler that had the link wire, as diagram A, but boiler won’t fire up, any help ?

Best Answer

• GrilledCheese2
    GrilledCheese2 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Does your boiler have a built-in time clock? If it does this will need to be set to permanently on, or the time clock removed and wiring bridged.

Answers

• Robti
    Options

Forgot to say app and Siri will switch the receiver on and off when required

• Robti
    Options

Had a wireless receiver which I removed and connected the terminal for this to the spare terminal from the loom(this was disconnected when the wireless receiver was installed) and boiler instructions said to reconnect it when removing the receiver if I use any controls (app, siri, room stat) the relay clicks in the wireless receiver and the led lights up, so I know all signals are going to the receiver

• GrilledCheese2
    Options

Other than checking that the strands of wire are making good contact with the screw terminals, no sleeving in the way, not sure what else to suggest. You could try removing the two thermostat wires and re-inserting the link wire, to verify the boiler switches on.

• Robti
    Robti
    edited October 2022
    Options

So at the start I had a salus receiver plugged into the boiler, boiler instructions say to remove this just unplug it and reconnect back into the loom which I did. So got fed up and started thinking where is the manual switch to turn heating on,timed, off so I plugged the receiver back in and switched it to on and it all appears to work for the moment, will call ideal tech tomorrow, update Tado says just remove the link and connect the wires to CH COM and CH NO. So leaving as is with the receiver switched to constant