Heating comes on when house temp is above that set on Taco schedule

Options

Hi all

We have a wireless temp sensor (black) that controls the hot water and heating.

Hot water, no issue as it comes on at the time it's set to and works like a dream.

Heating on the other hand, I noticed a few days ago after setting the schedule that it's coming on when it shouldn't. I have the App sett to "turn OFF all rooms" yet each morning at the start of the schedule the heating kicks in. I have Geo off and then lowered the temp to 15.5C to test. This morning the boiler fired up and I check the App and the temp is set to 21C. How/why is this happening. It's like the App resets (not actually as my desired temp/schedule is still there) daily. It doesn't do this on the second time in the schedule (first is 0710 (the issue) and the second timer is 1645 (no issue at all there))

Any ideas? A. I have it the schedule off until I resume and B. why is the thermostat changing from my set temperature of 15.5C to 21C?

Comments

• Folkranger
    Options
    I suspect its coming on to get up to temperature by the time set in your schedule. There should be something in the app where you can set this not to do this, or to limit the time that it comes on earlier.
  • Bob53
    Options
    Hello, If you set the app to "turn all rooms off" the default setting is to resume normal settings at next block change, you can change this if you tap on the rooms you want to change, at the very bottom you want it to read "Until you resume schedule" If it doesn't tap on the pencil, a widow will open, you can adjust the settings here.
    If you want to turn Early Start on or off, tap on settings, then Smart Schedule, tap on the room you want, then the gear symbol top right. Turn on/off early start by taping it. Hope this helps you.
  • @Bob53 The 'until you resume schedule' has always been there, despite this the system would still come on. Yesterday morning I watched it change to on as it happened. I raised a ticket with Tado support and they said that as it's linked to Amazon Alexa, it's this that is causing the app to turn the heating on at 21C.

Tado couldn't tell me why the Alexa access would cause this to happen and I was skeptical that it would be the cause. I removed the Alexa access and today the issue was absent, the system is doing just as I have set it up.

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Options

@SkullTreaty it has been known that having a smart assistant, Alexa or Google linked to tado can sometimes cause strange things to happen.

If you have a smart routine or make a request to perform an action on a room, say for example to turn a light on or off, occasionally, depending on the exact instruction the assistant can treat it more generically as to turn that room on or off. So that would also include any tado devices linked to that room.

Any action triggered by a smart assistant is treated as a "manual control" action by tado. It is possible, therefore to open the graphs for each room in the tado app and check for a manual control action. Long pressing on a graph brings up more detail about what happened at a particular time. If you see a hand symbol, but have no recollection of manually adjusting the heating yourself (and no family member fiddling with the actual tado device in question) then this can indicate a trigger by a smart assistant.